Arbor Day will be held April 29, and highlights the planting, nurturing and celebration of trees. It also provides tree care industry professionals with a range of opportunities to promote the benefits of trees and proper plant health care practices.
The Arbor Day Foundation provides a variety of programs and resources:
* The Tree City USA program, sponsored by the Arbor Day Foundation in cooperation with the USDA Forest Service and the National Association of State Foresters, provides direction, technical assistance, public attention, and national recognition for urban and community forestry programs in thousands of towns and cities.
* Tree Line USA provides recognition to utility companies and communities for using best practices in utility arboriculture.
* Tree Campus USA recognizes excellence in campus tree management
* The Arbor Day Awards recognize individuals, organizations, corporations, projects and institutions whose work has set an example of excellence.
* The Arbor Day Foundation also provides hardiness zone maps, searchable tree database, and more.
For more information, visit www.arborday.org