The STIHL Tour des Trees will be held Oct. 25-31, 2015 (Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale).
Here are some ideas to improve on a week spent riding your bike to benefit the urban forest?
- Roll out of Walt Disney World in late October (plus: enjoy a behind-the scenes tour of WDW)
- Learn a lot about orchids (or just take a lot of pictures)
- Cycle a sandy beach on a fat-wheeled beach cruiser
- Amass an impressive collection of beachfront sunset photos
- Learn a lot about pruning (and get your book signed by Dr. Ed Gilman)
- Spend an hour with Professor Pricklethorn talking trees with Florida’s kids
- Ogle alligators from an Everglades air boat
- Pay tribute to Florida arborist and Tour rider John White at Miami’s FairchildGardens
- Meet some new cycling buddies during a week of fun, sun, friendship and cycling to benefit the TREE Fund, the urban forest and the professionals dedicated to its care.
Registration opens Jan 12 at www.stihltourdestrees.org