The International Society of Arboriculture opened the call for presentations for the 2016 ISA Annual International Conference and Trade Show. The 2016 conference will be held 13-17, August 2016 in Fort Worth, Texas, USA, with the theme of “Deep in the Heartwood of Texas”.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, 04 December 2015.
Proposals needed for the following:
- Tree Academy Workshops (3 hours)-Interactive Workshops
- Climbers’ Corner demonstrations (45 minutes)-These talks occur on the Trade Show Floor and presenters may use the onsite tree for demonstration purposes.
- Panel Discussions (90 minutes)
- General Education (40 minutes approximately)
- Arboriculture Research and Education Academy (AREA)– Research based (30 minutes)
- Utility and Municipal themes (30-40 minutes)
- Spanish-Language Climbers’ Corner or General Education sessions (30-45 minutes) Sesiones en español en la Esquina de los Trepadores de Árboles (Climbers’ Corner) o las sesiones educativas generales (30-45 minutos)
Additional Submission Categories
The following categories have an extended deadline of Friday, 05 February 2016.
- AREA posters (Research)
- Student submissions/application for the AREA Student Travel Grant
- Tiny Talks: The new Tiny Talks?—Big Ideas Sessions are short 8-10 minutes talks intended to stimulate the exchange of new and exciting ideas in a short period of time: “Enlighten us, but make it quick.” The short sessions will be held back-to-back, and the presenters are welcome to present with or without an overhead projector. These sessions are a great opportunity for new presenters to offer their insight and get exposure to the wider arboriculture industry, whether they be climbers, students, local experts, or for those that just don’t want to talk for 40-minutes. These sessions will not be eligible for a presenter stipend.
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee based on overall quality, appropriateness, relevance and timeliness of topic, well-defined focus, practical nature of material, and overall appeal to a diverse audience.
No late submissions will be accepted.
Submit your presentation now at https://isa-arbor.currinda.com/register/event/1345