Interested in furthering your personal or professional goals by taking an online class? Oregon State University offers a variety courses that can be taken individually or while working toward an undergraduate degree, graduate certificate or a master’s. Spring quarter 2016 class starts March 28.
FES | HORT 447/547 Arboriculture is a four credit course offered at the undergraduate (447) or graduate level (547), and it covers the principles and practices of arboriculture. Past students have used this course to prepare to take the ISA Certification exam, and existing Certified Arborists have taken it to sharpen their skills or broaden their knowledge of the arboriculture profession. Prerequisite for this class is a tree identification course or experience plus some background or coursework in forestry, natural resources, or horticulture. Class begins March 28 and lasts 10 weeks. This is an asynchronous course with weekly modules, so if fits the schedules of working adults.
Earn a graduate credential in Urban Forestry. Apply now for fall 2016
Looking for an Urban Forestry credential to advance your career? The application period for Oregon State’s new Graduate Certificate in Urban Forestry is now open. This one-of-a-kind program delivers a graduate level urban forestry education online. This 18-20 credit certificate program includes a variety of required and elective online courses as well as a capstone project designed in cooperation with your adviser. Or, roll the Certificate into a full Master of Natural Resources degree.
Visit the OSU Ecampus website for full details
Oregon State University’s College of Forestry has been educating professionals for more that a century. The college has earned a reputation as a world-class center of teaching and learning about forests and related resources. Oregon State is a land, sea, space and sun-grant institution. It is Oregon’s only university to hold both the Carnegie Foundation’s top designation for research institutions and its prestigious Community Engagement classification.
Benefits of an Oregon State University online program
- All classes are taught by Oregon State’s renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation in natural resources and science fields.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same credits as on-campus students, and credits transfer to most higher education institutions.
- OSU Ecampus is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best providers of online education.
- Students can complete their courses from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.