Permeable Tree Surrounds with Porous Pave are an effective alternative to traditional metal tree grates and loose much or stone.
Made in the U.S.A., Porous Pave is a pour-in-place permeable paving material. The XLS formulation is 100 percent recycled rubber chips mixed on site in a portable mortar mixer with a liquid binder. When poured in place, XLS cures in 24 hours to form a strong, solid tree surround that is permeable. With 27 percent void space, air and water reach down to tree roots. More than 1.5 gallons of water pass through per second per square foot.
- Safe surface, non-slip even when wet
- Simple to install
- Bonds with adjacent pavement
- Easy to maintain – sweep away litter with a broom or sidewalk sweeper
- Durable and resilient, withstands freeze-thaw without cracking or heaving
- Wide choice of colors of standard and custom colors
- Solid and stays in place, unlike loose mulch or stone
- More affordable than metal grates